Company: Society of American Foresters
Location: Bethesda, MD
The Society of American Foresters (SAF) is seeking a Chief Executive Officer (CEO). Details about the Society are available online at https://www.eforester.org/. The position is located at the national SAF office at 10100 Laureate Way, Bethesda, Maryland 20814. The salary is commensurate with experience. The CEO is selected by and works for the SAF Board of Directors (Board). SAF is committed to diversity and inclusion in our leadership, membership, programs, and activities; all qualified candidates are welcome and encouraged to apply.
Brief CEO Job Description
- Communicates SAF policies, positions, and priorities to members, partners, and public audiences, including elected officials and agency leaders.
- Ensures SAF’s financial integrity by developing and implementing balanced budgets.
- Achieves SAF’s mission and goals through efficient and effective program management.
- Manages and works collaboratively with professional staff.
- Develops efforts to recruit members and increase SAF membership and diversity.
- Conducts SAF activities in accordance with the strategic priorities and operating policies established by the Board.
- Cooperates with and offers input to Board on policies and procedures as principal liaison between the Board, staff, and contractors.
- Develops and implements revenue development plans and actions.
- Bachelor of Science degree or higher in forestry or a closely allied natural resource area and professional experience in forestry or a closely allied natural resource profession.
- At least three years of successful experience leading and managing an organization or a work unit with the full range of managerial responsibilities (planning, organizing, staffing, directing and controlling/monitoring).
- A passion for forestry with an accomplished record of integrity, the support of leaders inside and outside of the forestry community, and the ability to bring together stakeholders to negotiate and facilitate complex natural resources management issues to advance SAF’s positions and mission.
- Management skills in leadership, communication, personnel management, project management, financial management, governance, membership development, and fundraising.
Electronically send (1) a letter of application that addresses the job description and required expertise in this announcement; (2) a resume or CV; and (3) a list of at least three references to Jim Thinnes, Chair, SAF CEO Search Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications received by 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time on May 18, 2018 will receive full consideration.
Questions, or to Recommend or Nominate a Candidate:
Contact Mr. Thinnes at (303) 204-1173 or email@example.com