Position: Fiber Sourcing Manager
Location: Cottondale, FL
Enviva is seeking a Fiber Sourcing Manager for Cottondale, FL manufacturing facility. The Manager will be responsible for the planning and execution of fiber purchases as well as management of wood inventory for the Conttondale facility. S/he will lead and foster a data-driven approach to develop and sustain a low cost/high margin fiber supply strategy. The Manager works closely with the local Pellet Mill Manager and central Sourcing to ensure Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost (SQDC) objectives are met. S/he will serve as the principle owner responsible for driving/implementing purchasing process improvements to support business goals with emphasis on supplier management, supplier improvement, cost-out, inventory management, and continuity of supply to support the plant production strategies in order to maximize the plant’s operating margin. The primary focus of this position is to manage all fiber supplier-related activities of the purchasing function for the assigned site and to serve as the purchasing representative supporting local management. The position requires excellent project management skills and interpersonal skills, working hand in hand with site operations and the site controller to ensure the success of all business initiatives. The Manager will also supervise day-to-day wood receipts to ensure supplier compliance with all safety, integrity and environmental policies including adherence to Sustainable Forestry Initiatives (SFI) and other sustainability criteria.
The Manager will report to the Regional Fiber Sourcing Manager and will work closely with the Plant Manager of the Cottondale facility. They will also manage the activities of a Fiber Supply Forester.
- Lead and develop the local purchasing team, and create & implement site KPIs aligned with corporate KPIs.
- Own and be accountable for local purchased fiber-related SQDC and metrics such as cost-out, delivered material forecast accuracy and sustainability.
- Drive a culture of stretch goal attainment.
- Oversee and manage the continuous supply of high quality raw material for Enviva’s plant operations.
- Identify, develop and maintain strong supplier relationships; facilitate supplier cost modeling, supplier opportunity assessments, supplier financial analysis, and long-term contract establishment with focus on continued quality, delivery and productivity improvements that lead to better service and cost reductions.
- Acquire and maintain a solid and current knowledge of regional/local fiber basket category & spend trends, including new opportunities, industry trends, commodity-related cost drivers (such as diesel fuel), market pricing, etc.
- Collaborate with plant manager and operations staff to identify and implement solutions to enhance product quality and plant cost.
- Oversee and monitor site wood costs, quality, and controls to achieve budget objectives.
- Promote and ensure compliance with all corporate and environmental policies, including SFI and FSC standards.
Liaise with Accounts Payable Department to ensure accurate and timely payment of invoices, and resolve invoice discrepancies as necessary to ensure a smooth payment process with suppliers.
- Lean manufacturing experience/ Value Stream mapping and Kanban planning; Six Sigma training preferred – must have strong process mentality.
- Demonstrated ability to drive quantifiable improvements in supply chain management.
- Excellent negotiation skills, including contract negotiation, with proven performance in a Sourcing environment supporting 24/7/365 manufacturing operations.
- Proven ability to develop and execute strategic plans.
- Demonstrated cross-functional & collaborative interpersonal, facilitation, communication and leadership skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software.
- BS degree in Forestry, Supply Chain Management, Engineering or Business.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Sourcing, Purchasing or Supply Chain experience supporting an industrial manufacturing environment; experience in wood/fiber procurement and/or background in forestry/natural resources is a plus.
- APICS or CPM Certification a plus.
Compensation will consist of a competitive salary and benefits.
Enviva is an equal opportunity employer.
Enviva is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity (EEO) in any term, condition or privilege of employment. Enviva does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member, genetic information or any other status protected by law. Enviva complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which we operate.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.