Company: American Forest Management
Location: Macon, GA
Full-time position – Responsible for providing forest management services on property located in Georgia. Minimum of 45 hours per week required, vehicle provided, out-of-town and overnight work may be required (expenses paid).
Responsibilities and Job Requirements:
• All aspects of field work, office work, analysis, and reporting to landowner/client.
• Assists in managing all aspects of logging operations including harvest set up, harvest inspections and merchandising trees into various forest products.
• Assists in planning, negotiations, administration, and inspection of other forestry-related activities such as road construction and maintenance, timber marking, boundary establishment, and other land management projects as assigned.
• Assists in development and administering budgets.
• Monitors BMP and EMS Compliance to ensure 3rd Party SFI Certification.
• Uses Geographic Information System (GIS) to assist in managing TIMO lands.
• Participates in forest inventory projects individually or with a team.
• Generate new business (meet with potential clients, explain our business, etc.)
• Create management plans that capture landowner objectives and offer solutions to achieve those goals.
• Perform all aspects of timber sale development, including timber inventory, boundary establishment, preparing timber sale bid notices, marketing, and reviewing timber sale contracts.
• Prepare and negotiate contracts with independent contractors for clients’ management services.
• Supervise contracted services, including certifying completion of work for payment.
• Highly proficient with MS Word, Excel, and GIS software.
• Ability to use GPS and hand-held data recorders.
• Has current Registered Forester’s license or ability to become a Registered Forester within 1 year.
• Required travel and ability to function as a team member on large projects throughout the U.S.
• Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Forestry.
• Minimum of 3 years forestry experience.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Strong listening capabilities with the ability to translate communications into appropriate course of action.
Salary and Benefits:
• Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
• Exempt salary position paid semi-monthly
• Paid holidays
• Paid vacation schedule
• Healthcare and disability plan
• Tuition Reimbursement Program
• 401(K) retirement plan with company match
• Ongoing professional development training
• Eligible for annual and new business bonus plans
• All specific terms, conditions, benefits, compensation and requirements of employment will be set forth in an Employment Contract to be executed by employee and company.
To apply, please go to: http://atsod.com/j/s.cfm/JT7