Company: American Forest Management
Location: Statesboro, GA
Minimum Requirements: A Bachelor’s Degree in Forestry from an accredited school. 3-5 years of experience in Forestry field.
Responsibilities and Job Requirements:
Timber Sales and Appraisals: All aspects of field work, office work and reporting to landowner/client.
• Systematic sampling of merchantable and premerchantable timberland using both fixed radius plots and prism sampling methods.
• 100% tree count of merchantable timber.
• Identify, locate and mark property lines.
• Identify and mark streamside management zones (SMZs).
• Identification of commercial tree species (winter and summer).
• Design and implementation of timber harvesting plan for clearcut, select cut and thinning sales.
• Prepare timber sale maps and review computer-generated digitized maps.
• Prepare timber sale bid notice and review timber sale contracts.
• Perform timber harvesting inspections to ensure compliance with contract.
• Collect timber and land sale data for appraisal purposes.
• Organize and audit timber sale settlements.
Timberland Management: All aspects of field work, office work and reporting to landowner/client.
• Inspection of clients’ tracts.
• Proposal and implementation of timberland management activities specific to individual sites and client goals including site preparation techniques (mechanical & chemical), prescribed burning, chemical release spray, herbaceous weed control, reforestation activities, seedling survival check and timber stand improvement activities (commercial & precommercial thinning, fertilization, chemical release, etc.).
• Prepare and negotiate contracts with independent contractors for clients’ management services.
• Supervision of contracted services, including certifying completion of work for payment.
• Meeting with landowner/client to review management activities, answer questions and make proposals regarding their timberland.
• Patrol property boundaries and points of access.
• Assist with management plan preparation.
• Ability to generate new business (meet with potential clients, explain our business, etc.)
• Ability to efficiently and effectively perform existing work.
• Familiarity with computer-generated spreadsheets and word processing.
• Preparation of weekly timesheet showing all time worked by project, bill method and task.
• Required travel and ability to function as a team member on large projects throughout the U.S.
• Contact adjoining landowners to client’s landholding.
• Check leases for possible violations.
Salary and Benefits
• Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
• Exempt salary position paid semi-monthly
• Paid holidays
• Paid vacation schedule
• Healthcare and disability plan
• Tuition Reimbursement Program
• 401(K) retirement plan with company match
• Ongoing professional development training
• Eligible for annual and new business bonus plans
To apply, please go to: http://atsod.com/j/s.cfm/J5K