Position: Procurement Forester
Company: Klausner Lumber One
Location: Live Oak, FL
Klausner Lumber One is currently recruiting for a Procurement Forester for our Florida region to be based in Live Oak, FL. This position will be responsible for the purchase and delivery of logs to support the Klausner Lumber One, Live Oak, Florida mill within the boundaries of annual inventory targets, and pricing structures.
- Negotiate with timber suppliers and purchases timber on behalf of the company
- Coordinate gate wood deliveries
- Coordinate potential stumpage deliveries
- Monitor supplier performance versus targets, costs and quality; implement corrective action as needed
- Coordinate weekly, monthly and annual timber harvest plan with Timber Procurement Manager
- Receive bids for logging and related projects, analyze bids and make recommendations to Timber Procurement Manager
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures, including contract administration, financial, safety, timber security and environmental policy
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Systematical thinking and the possibility to develop strategic sourcing options (out of the box thinking)
- Detail and results oriented
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work effectively in a highly interactive team environment
- Strong negotiating skills (i.e. analytical, quick-thinking, and innovative)
- Strong mathematical skills required
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Self-starter as demonstrated by prior experience
- Degree in Forestry, Business, or related field
- Proven track record in log purchasing and procurement, ideally in a forestry environment
- Minimum 10 years of experience in timber procurement or related field
- Knowledge of timber harvesting, cruising, and log scaling techniques in the South East USA
- Experience working with diverse sources to supply lumber mills
- Experience with federal and state timber sale programs is beneficial
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Any applicant offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check.
Klausner Lumber One is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or age.
Klausner Lumber One Mill, Live Oak, FL, United States
To express interest in this opportunity, please apply online at www.klausner-group.com