Position: Resource Information Forester
Company: American Forest Management
Location: Chehalis, WA
American Forest Management, Inc. seeks a Resource Information Forester to join our forest management team in Western Washington. This position will report to the Kirkland District Manager and be responsible for providing analysis and reporting of resource information across AFM data management contracts. Provides support in maintaining and updating database information systems using Forest Projection and Planning System (FPS) software, and related systems.
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
• Field inventory data collection and training
• Design and administer field inventory cruising using inventory data collection systems
• Maintain data collection software, procedures, and equipment
• Contract administration for cruising projects
• Check cruising and compliance
• Technical analysis of forest resource information related to forest inventory
• Resource information management for approximately 280,000 acres
• Growth and yield, harvest scheduling and silviculture planning for all managed tree farms
• Quality control for all contracted and internal inventory projects
• Forest inventory quality control and monitoring systems (cutout analysis)
• Budgeting for assigned responsibilities
• Localized taper and volume systems for commercial species on AFM managed lands
• Other tasks as assigned by the District and Region Managers
• Minimum 2 years of related work experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Forestry or equivalent
• Ability to explain technical analysis and interpret results from programs through verbal and written communications
• Experience with a range of forest inventory systems, inventory analysis and statistics
• Ability to manage multiple projects under strict time constraints
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast paced work environment
• Proficiency in basic computer programs such as MS Word, Excel and Access
American Forest Management, Inc. Forester Page 2 of 3
• Ability to work and communicate effectively within a team environment
• Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
• 9 paid holidays.
• Paid vacation schedule.
• Company assigned vehicle.
• Healthcare and disability plan.
• 401(K) retirement plan.
• Eligible for annual and new business bonus plans.
To apply, please go to: http://atsod.com/j/s.cfm/ISZ