Position: Senior Project Forester
Company: F4 Tech
Location: Tallahassee, FL
F4 Tech currently has an opening for a Senior Project Forester in their Tallahassee, Florida office. The chosen applicant would be a key member of the consulting services group. The successful applicant should be a self-starter with proven leadership ability, have a passion for using technology to help manage forests and natural resources, and enjoy working in an engaged and empowering small business environment.
- Work with clients to assess their needs and desires, scope requirements, goals, and deliverables
- Lead a team to work toward achieving client goals
- Managing natural resource projects including forest inventory data collection, data management and implementation of technology solutions for forest management
- Subcontractor management
- Prescribed burning, timber sales, restoration/reforestation and other land management activities
- Inventory data analysis and GIS data creation, editing, and analysis
- Auditing cruise plots implemented by sub-contractors
- Position requires periodic travel for consecutive days
- Bachelor’s degree in forestry or related field
- 4+ years of professional forestry experience
- ArcGIS 10.x experience
- Proficient with MS Office applications including Excel, Word, and Power Point
- Must be physically fit to perform outdoor work
Applicants with the following experience will be preferred:
- Technical writing
Salary commensurate with skills and experience, paid vacation and sick leave, medical insurance, flexible benefits spending account, disability insurance, and retirement plan.
Please submit a resume and cover letter with three work references to Rick Davis, Vice President,RDavis@ThinkF4.com.
F4 Tech is a forestry consulting firm based in Tallahassee, Florida. F4 has been in business since 1998 and provides technical forestry consulting services to large landowners. F4 also produces innovative software solutions for the forest and natural resource industries. Our clients range from for-profit timber management organizations to public land agencies.