Position: Coordinator, Statistics & Label Use Supervisor: Senior VP, Customer Affairs
Location: Washington, DC
SFI® Inc. is an independent, non-profit organization that provides supply chain assurances, produces conservation outcomes, and supports education and community engagement. SFI works with the forest sector, brand owners, conservation groups, resource professionals, landowners, educators, local communities, Indigenous peoples, governments, and universities. SFI standards and on-product labels help consumers make responsible purchasing decisions. We oversee the SFI Forest Partners® Program, which aims to increase the source of certified forest products; the SFI Conservation and Community Partnerships Grant Program, which funds research and community building; and Project Learning Tree®, which develops students’ appreciation for and knowledge of the environment. SFI Inc. is governed by an independent three-chamber board of directors representing environmental, social, and economic sectors equally. SFI’s headquarters are in Washington, DC, with an office in Ottawa, Canada, and global operations.
The Coordinator for Statistics and Label Use will report to the Senior Vice President, Customer Affairs, and supports the integrity of the SFI program by supporting SFI certified company certification and label use, data collection, analysis, and special projects. This position would support SFI’s work to increase global relevancy and responsible forestry by strengthening ties through the supply chain through work with SFI database developers and SFI staff. The position also supports certification standard market acceptance activities concerning SFI and PEFC and promotes the programs in North America and globally. Additionally, this position will involve establishing and managing projects and project schedules related to data collection, PEFC activities and others as required. The position may also research strategic contacts for SFI leadership as well as organizations to target for potential SFI certification.
This position will cover a maternity leave scheduled to start mid-September. This position can start immediately to allow for training. SFI is constantly growing and there is potential for continued employment after the maternity leave position.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Label Approvals & Records (approximately 30% of the time)
• Respond quickly to certified company requests for label approval;
• Manage record-keeping of PEFC and SFI label ID numbers;
• Respond to company contacts with questions on label use and claims and chain of custody/certified sourcing;
• Provide daily user support for label users on the SFI database and/or label approval request site; and
• Respond to PEFC certified company question on PEFC issues and label questions;
Certificate Updates (approximately 10% of the time)
• Collect and record all SFI, ATFS, CSA and PEFC US and Canada related certificate and company data;
• Communicate with certification bodies on certificate issues, company certificate-related questions and database questions from certification bodies on certificates;
• Perform daily review, quality control and approval of uploaded certificates and company information into the SFI database;
• Conduct regular updates to match all SFI, ATFS, CSA and PEFC COC information in the SFI database with PEFC International’s certificate database www.pefc.org;
• Supply data and certificate-related information to certified companies, SFI staff and other SFI community members as needed;
• Respond promptly to certified company questions and data entry related certificate details;
• Communicate new certificate holders and dropped certificates to other SFI staff weekly; and
• Assist other SFI staff in outreach to potential SFI certificate holders.
Audit Reports, User Accounts, and Products Data (approximately 10% of the time)
• Manage audit reports, including reviewing, filing and posting SFI public audit summary reports to the SFI website, following up with relevant companies and certification bodies on missing reports, and ensuring list of SFI Program Participants is up to date on the SFI website;
• Create and manage user accounts for certified companies to access SFI’s label approval tool and to access SFI Annual Surveys, and for the PEFC logo generator site;
• Enter collected products data into database, encourage users to enter company product information into database, and enter PEFC product data into the PEFC International database;
Contacts (approximately 20% of the time)
• Manage SFI’s Contact Database with daily updates and revisions, including entering data from business cards
• Maintain core contact lists for use of SFI Communications staff on a regular basis;
• Maintain contact lists with bounceback reviews, updates with new contacts and researching correct categorization;
• Ensure that all SFI Program Participants have an up-to-date contact; and
• Assist large contact coordination of annual send-outs: Progress Report (May), Annual Conference (Sept), Top 50(Q2), and Holiday Card (Nov) send out.
Data Research, Support, and Special Projects (approximately 30% of the time)
•Support SFI database development with SFI staff and developers, including testing new products search tool, supporting development and implementation of database tools tailored to specific SFI program participants, SICs, and other users and site testing for functionality, supporting ongoing upgrades to the SFI database and testing;
•Provide input on and project management of database revisions and projects;
•Ensure database output queries & reports are available to SFI staff (e.g., survey data, lists of certificates, contacts);
•Analyze and summarize SFI and PEFC NA data for trends, issues and inconsistencies;
•Communicate key trends, certificate and label-related numbers of note with other key SFI staff; and
•Support SFI staff with special projects, upon request.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and at least two years’ work experience
- Attention to detail and commitment to process
- Ability to effectively plan and problem solve with strong organizational skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills; writing and editing experience preferred
- Ability to balance multiple projects and work under deadlines
- Comfortable with numbers and analyzing data
- Knowledge of and familiarity with information systems and technology, including Microsoft Office suite; advanced
level of expertise with Microsoft Excel and Office Suite programs preferred; capacity to learn new applications
- A sound work ethic with the ability to act both independently and as part of a team.
- Bilingual (French and English) preferred.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position, email a resume and cover letter to the attention of Jason Metnick, Senior Vice President, Customer Affiars, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line should say “Application: SFI Statistics and Label Use Coordinator”. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
An active Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V,
SFI Inc. welcomes men and women regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex or disability.
A job description is a general description of the function and major duties of a job. It may not specify all duties, tasks, and assignments associated with a job. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of management to direct, assign, and control the work of employees in a unit. Accuracy, attention to detail, ability to work effectively in a team environment, and ability to work in an atmosphere of multiple projects and shifting priorities are requirements of all jobs at the Sustainable Forestry Initiative, Inc. Additional job-related qualifications may be specified for some openings. Job descriptions are subject to periodic review.