Position: Technical Forester
Company: Rayonier, Inc.
Location: Hastings, FL
This position will work collaboratively with the Resource Unit Team to achieve financial goals and desired outcomes. Provide technical assistance to both the Timber Marketing and Resource Land Management team through timber cruise data collection and sale preparation including sale area design, map preparation, forest inventory and stand mapping. This position will coordinate and work with consultants performing additional cruising and inventory, and will be responsible for audit work as necessary. A thorough knowledge of state BMP’s and SFI principles is required. The position will also assist with other land management, timber marketing or non-timber projects as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform timber sale cruising, cruise work-up and sale layout.
- Perform Resource Unit inventory, seedling survival and post thin measurements.
- Assist with the coordination and auditing of contract cruising in the Resource Unit.
- Collaborate with LIS on contract inventory measurements for the Resource Unit.
- Prepares timber sale maps, and update stand mapping in LMS as needed.
- Contributes to overall Resource Unit team performance.
- Maintain a safe work environment for company personnel, contractors and other stakeholders.
- BS Degree in Forestry or technical degree in forestry with equivalent forestry exposure to timber cruising/forest inventory
- Must have an understanding of State BMP’s and SFI principles, GIS and forest inventory measurement methods
Rayonier is committed to maintaining a drug free work environment that promotes diversity and is free of discrimination.