Position: Timber Accountant
Company: Coastal Timberlands Company
Location: Havana, FL
Individual will oversee all accounting functions related to timber and land transactions for the corporation. The functions include recording daily timber sales transactions and royalty payments, monthly journal entries for depletion and 1031 land transactions, account reconciliations and overseeing annual hunt leases. The position will lead and work jointly with regional managers across the southeast United States to accomplish the financial and organizational objectives. In addition, this position has responsibility to maintain and enforce internal controls in accordance to GAAP, company policies and industry best practices and protect company assets. A successful individual must be a self-starter with the ability to develop and implement new procedures of operation, require minimal supervision, and respond promptly to customer and manager needs. The position must have a high competency and aptitude with software packages, including accounting software, reporting tools and Microsoft Excel.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- In collaboration with controller perform and coordinate monthly close procedures.
- Enter journal entries and run general ledger postings
- Ensure work is done in accordance to corporate guidelines and in accordance with GAAP
- BS Accounting or related degree or minimum 5-7-years’ experience in timber accounting
- Strong working knowledge of and experience applying GAAP
- High competency and aptitude with software packages, including accounting software, reporting tools, Microsoft Excel, relational databases, word processing, email, etc. Excellent communication skills in English – written and verbal
Excellent benefits package includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Group Term Life, Disability, 401k, Flex-Spending, and other value-added benefits.
To Apply: Send resume to Eddie Foe at email@example.com with “Timber Accountant CHC” in the subject line.